Happy new YOU!
We are entering another New Year, and we have yet another New Year resolution.
Here is something to think about. If one choses to come to America they are allowed two bags of belongings weighing 50 pounds each. Any amount over 50 pounds is considered “extra baggage”. You have two options:
Option #1) You can unload the ”extra” baggage in front of everyone which will hold up everyone in line behind you slowing them down.
Option #2) Pay the price of having extra baggage.
STOP!!!! Do NOT bring your extra baggage into the New Year or it will cost you!
It is time. This is the time of year where everyone makes the resolution to lose weight or get on the latest fitness challenge…. until February! Now don’t get me wrong. I am all for a healthy diet (Correct eating habits not “pills”) and exercise routine (As long as not over stressing your body/immune system) but what if we focused more on the inside as opposed to the outside? So many people truly want to stick with their resolutionsand get the results they KNOW they can get but they tend to lack the support or a ”community” to help keep them accountable, the drive to stay committed or lack of belief that they really CAN do it which ALL stems from our thinking. So, let’s make a list of ALL the New Year’s resolutions we have quit and make a resolution to quit quitting!
There is nothing wrong with looking back on our failures as long as we do not dwell on them but rather LEARN from them. We can’t focus on the road ahead if we’re looking in the rearview mirror.
Let’s look back at why we quit o ur resolutions; I think you all will find a common denominator in the reasons for them regardless of what they were or who you are. It was more than likely our thinking. What if we could reframe our thinking first, then set out to improve the areas with the right attitude, motivation and belief? What if we actually set goals to strive for and rewarded our self when we reach them? I challenge you all to make a list of everything you want to improve, find a friend or group to work on different things together, hold one another accountable and start starting and QUIT QUITTING!
Before you set out on this journey, ask yourself a couple questions. Be 100% honest and actually think about them like you never have before.
1) What is my passion? What is it in life you are truly passionate about? If your job and money were not an object, what would the one thing in life you would love to do be?
2) What is your purpose? It is NOT “by chance” you or we are here. We were created for a purpose. We were created for greatness. There is not one of you out there that can’t excel at something to the point of impacting lives in a positive way.
Take some time to truly think about the above questions. Turn the T.V. off, stereo off and even cell phone off (Yes, there IS “life after mute”) and think about them, then seek to find resolve.
Here is a list taken from the book Resolved by Orrin Woodward to help inspire you all to look for some different areas in life to find resolution for. Let’s make this yearDIFFERENT and make the resolution lasta LIFE-time not just a month.
1) I resolve to discover my God given purpose.
2) I resolve to choose my character over reputation anytime they conflict.
3) I resolve to have a positive attitude in all situations.
5) I resolve to align my conscious (ant) with my subconscious (elephant) mind towards my vision. (Read the book “The Ant and the Elephant”
6) I resolve to develop and implement a game plan in each area of my life.
7) I resolve to develop the art and science of friendship.
8) I resolve to develop financial intelligence.
9) I resolve to develop the art and science of leadership.
10) I resolve to develop the art of conflict resolution.
11) I resolve to develop systems thinking.
12) I resolve to develop Adversity Quotient.
13) I resolve to reverse the current of decline in my field of mastery.
I hope you can all take advantage of these simple principles and utilize your friendships/relationships with one another to help keep each other accountable to all win together to get the results in life you want so you can start living the LIFE you’ve always wanted!
If you are looking for an actual plan with structure and ability to track your progress there is a GREAT program called The Mental Fitness Challenge which several College Universities, Fortune 500 companies and tens of thousands of entrepreneurs are using. This program lays out a structured system of improvement, helps you track it and also allows you to have accountability partners to all learn and grow together!
I would love to hear your feedback and connect!
I am on Facebook: Colin Sexton Life-Leadership
Make 2015 your BEST year yet!